Huffly Parfait Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Scanlation Group Brought by Parfait Team

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Books: What's your favorite series?

Go down 
+2
Snowy368
Lady_Nerevar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady_Nerevar
Fellow Reader
Fellow Reader

Books: What's your favorite series? Empty
PostSubject: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:32 am

Not sure if this goes in this section... if it doesn't I apologize.

Ok so I'll start...

It was really hard to choose but my favorite series would have to be the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton followed very closely by the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter.
Back to top Go down
Snowy368
Admin
Admin
Snowy368

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Yay! A section about books!  cheers (Thank you, Lady Nerevar!)

Hmmm...I've never heard of either or those authors or series  Embarassed But the first series looks interesting Smile

Um...yeah, it's really hard to choose a favourite series. Mostly, it's because I forget or don't pay much attention to the name of the book/series/author, and also since there are so many good books out there! I don't think I could rank the series that I've read in my life, so a few series that I remember and that I enjoyed (and even if they seem childish since they're kids' books, I really actually enjoyed them) are:
-The Guardians of Ga'hoole by Kathryn Lasky
-The Door Within Trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson
-The Warriors books by Erin Hunter
-The Graceling series by Kristin Cashore
...And Brian Jacques' Redwall books, Harry Potter (...yeah, like a bunch of other people)...

That's all that I can think of off the top of my head. Of course there are gazillions of other books/series that are all super amazing but I can't think of the name of the book or of the author...  Sad (That happens a lot, me forgetting the names of really good books so whenever I feel like re-reading a book, I can never find it!)
Back to top Go down
freres
Anon Face
Anon Face
freres

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:27 pm

My favorite series is the Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffery (feels like fantasy, but actually Science Fiction),
The Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey is also an interesting series. This one is fantasy and has some interesting twists along the way.
Back to top Go down
sunday
Anon Face
Anon Face

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Alice in Wonderland
Through the Looking Glass. Lewis Carroll. In the novel that follows Alice in Wonderland,young Alice seeks to return home while exploring a mad,enchanted land and dodging those who seek to do her harm. Oh, it's real good.
Back to top Go down
sunday
Anon Face
Anon Face

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:53 pm

By the way, Thanks a lot, Admin. Thank you make a section of books, I like this one. bounce bounce Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Saitou
Anon Face
Anon Face

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 12:55 am

Have to agree with freres! I adore both the Pern-series and the Valdemar-series. No, really, one's got DRAGONS and the other's got magic and magical 'horses'... cheers 

I like to read the following:
- The Testing Trilogy (Joelle Charbonneau)
- The Infernal Devices (Cassandra Claire)
- The Parasol Protectorate (Gail Carriger)

Each of these are at least a trilogy, if not more, so there's hours and hours of reading in there...
Back to top Go down
harryj
Anon Face
Anon Face
harryj

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:57 pm

Well Harry Potter, my nick is coming from there.
Then Anne of Green Gables books (7, they're seven books!)
Dark material
Sherlock Holmes
Howl's moving castle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books: What's your favorite series?   Books: What's your favorite series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Books: What's your favorite series?
Page 1 of 1